Tensilica Showcases Latest Customer Innovations in Smartphones, DTV, and Other Consumer Electronics Equipment at CES 2012
Tensilica Executives On Site and Available for One-on-One Meetings
Santa Clara, CA USA- January 4, 2012 -Tensilica, Inc. today announced that it will showcase innovations from customers that use the company's dataplane processors (DPUs) in digital televisions (DTVs), Blu-ray Disc players, 4G handsets and data cards, and more at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). For this show, Tensilica has doubled its space in the meeting room area of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center and will be located at meeting room MP25166. To schedule a meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tensilica's primary focus at CES is on its HiFi Audio DSP, the clear market leader among licensable audio DSP IP cores. Among Tensilica's demonstrations will be:
- Fujitsu's F-12C Smartphone with integrated HiFi Audio, including "SuperHAKKIRI VOICE (extra-clear voice) 3," which enhances the clarity of the caller's voice in noisy or crowded places, and "PITTARI VOICE (exact voice)," which adjusts the phone's audio to the proper volume based on the user's body movements when walking or running.
- Samsung's BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray Disc player with HiFi Audio.
- Several HD radios with Tensilica's HiFi Audio.
- Samsung's UN55D7000 55" LCD TV with Tensilica's HiFi Audio.
- An FPGA-based demonstration of Tensilica's soon-to-be-announced next generation audio technology.
Tensilica will also showcase the NTT DOCOMO's 4G LTE silicon, based on Tensilica's DPUs. Fujitsu's LTE datacards, the F-05D ArrowsX smartphone, and Arrows Tablet LTE F-01D have already hit the market and more new products are expected at the show.
"Tensilica, with over 1.5 billion cores shipped to date, is becoming the dominant player providing efficient programmability for dataplane signal processing with a wide range of DPUs ranging from micro control/signal processing to the highest performance merchant DSP core," stated Jack Guedj, Tensilica's president and CEO. "We want to encourage anyone interested in getting the maximum 'Wow' in their products, with the best features, performance and power/area efficiency, to come see us at CES."
Tensilica, Inc. is the leader in dataplane processor IP cores. Dataplane processors (DPUs) combine the best capabilities of DSPs and CPUs while delivering 10 to 100x the performance because they can be optimized using Tensilica's automated design tools to meet specific and demanding signal processing performance targets. Tensilica's DPUs power SOC designs at system OEMs and seven out of the top 10 semiconductor companies for designs in mobile wireless, telecom and network infrastructure, computing and storage, and home and auto entertainment. For more information on Tensilica's patented, benchmark-proven DPUs visit www.tensilica.com.
# # #
- Tensilica and Xtensa are registered trademarks belonging to Tensilica, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Tensilica's announced licensees include: ALPS, Aquantia, Astute Networks, Atheros, AMD, Avision, Bay Microsystems, Brocade, Broadcom, Cavium, Chelsio, Cisco Systems, CMC Microsystems, , Design Art Networks, EE Solutions, Epson, Fujitsu Ltd., Fujitsu Microelectronics, Huawei, iBiquity Digital, Ikanos Communications, Intel, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Lucid Information Technology, Marvell, Maxim, NEC Corporation, Nethra Imaging, Novatek, NuFront, Olympus Optical Co. Ltd., Panasonic Mobile, Plato Networks, PnpNetwork Technologies, PowerLayer Microsystems, QLogic, Samsung, , Sirius XM Radio ,Sony, Stretch, TranSwitch Corporation, Triductor Technology, Valens Semiconductor, Validity Sensors, Victor Company of Japan (JVC), and Wolfson Microelectronics.